Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Passing Through Chicago

I passed through Chicago O'Hare airport on the day the IOC decided to award the hosting of the 2016 Olympic Games to Brazil. So I took a picture of the Olympics posters for posterity. When I was waiting for the flight from Kansas City International Airport to Chicago, a fellow traveller who chatted to me consoled herself that the Brazilians sure know how to throw a party.

Talking about this airport, it has etched in my memory as a place of memorable incidents. To name a few: mishandled luggage and the trials and tribulations of dealing with the luggage tracking service in the UK (my suitcase went hiding for more than 48 hours); flight delay and massive immigration queues reducing a two-hour transit time to minus 30 minutes; waiting for the last passenger not to turn up in order to grab the last seat because BA at Heathrow omitted to issue my colleague with a boarding pass on the flight from Chicago to Kansas . Hey, my colleague said, "Look on the bright side of life!" Remember that scene from Monty Python's The Life of Brian? Check it out on You Tube.