Friday, September 10, 2010

Images of Dusseldorf

After a stint of 6 months in USA when I mostly dined solo, I felt strangely comfortable eating on my own again, this time at the Seestern area, Dusseldorf.  Prago, signora, the Italian waiter beckoned.  The menu was in German, so some translation was called for.  In translation, angel fish became angle fish, which turned out to be two rubbery lumps of fish fillets, surrounded by tiny pieces of carrots and brocolli symetrically presented in a clockwork pattern. It was food for sustenance, if that.

An atrium warmly lit by electric blue lights on a wet autumn day.  The graceful gladioli struck a colourful contrast.  The long passageway looked welcoming and inviting - I almost saw a rabbit hurrying down the corridor, and I almost ran after it. 

Modern glassware displayed in glass cabinets in the hotel lobby.  The  eyes were inevitably drawn to the shapes, so neatly arranged in straight lines.  Poetry in simplicity.