Saturday, December 5, 2009

Leawood, Kansas

Leawood has become a familiar territory. It is not home; but it is conveniently located for work and a number of good restaurants.  It is within walking distance from work and the Town Centre Plaza, the latter has a number of my favourite hangouts - Barnes and Noble bookstore, Dean and Delucca delicatessen, Bristol seafood restaurant, and the AMC cinema. 

This is the place where I lay anchor temporarily.  But it is the people that make the place, and the people that I have come into contact have made me feel very welcome.


View of the Aloft hotel - my current abode -
from the Town Centre Plaza

Sculpture (if that is the correct description) in
the Town Centre Plaza car park

The AMC cinema at Town Centre Plaza

Leawood is expanding.  The edge of a plot has been
marked out for development.